When I moved to Basingstoke in 2012, I quickly gained weight and when I fell pregnant in 2014, I remained heavy throughout my pregnancy. Once my son arrived I enjoyed Buggyfit classes in Basingstoke and Hook but was unable to continue to go to classes once I returned to work. So I began to run.
I started the NHS Couch to 5km plan on my own, running locally where I lived. During one run, I was grunted and snorted at by a group of teenage lads who implied I was a pig. Another occasion a driver shouted from his car as it passed "You won't run that off love" So, I went home, drank a glass of wine or three and created a facebook group, Basingstoke Running Mummies.
This little group I created, grew and grew and soon there were lots of women in there like me, looking for other mums to exercise with. Real women with real bodies who offered support during sleepless nights and cluster feeds.
So we started running together, following the Couch to 5km plan and once we completed that, we kept going and started a new C25K plan for ladies who joined us later in the year. I continue to run C25K plans for ladies, each year, for free as this group is what helped to make me what I am today.
Creating Basingstoke Running Mummies taught me I could encourage a group of women exercise and stick with it. So I began to study and gain the qualifications I needed to become a Postnatal Fitness Instructor. The previous Buggyfit Instructor was no longer running classes in Basingstoke and so I decided to contact Buggyfit Head Office and enquire about becoming a Licensed franchisee.
I've since left my day job and now run my own classes, Buggyfit, Ladies CircHiiTs Classes, Good for Mums Fit-Tums and Ladies Boxercise.
Many years ago I qualified as a Holistic Therapist and practice Reflexology, Massages, Aromatherapy, Hopi Ear Candles and so on. When you work hands on with a body you quickly learn how delicate the soft tissues are and what care is needed to strengthen and restore them after you carry and birth a baby.
Combining my knowledge I have chosen to run my classes in a Holistic way by adopting crunch-less core restoration before loading and committing myself to continuous development and Postnatal education. Ensuring i'm providing the best service I can with the most up to date knowledge and training.
Why Work With Me...
In an industry which isn't well regulated, I chose to be. I'm fully qualified, insured and a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists. I strive to keep my skills up to date and continuously learn to better myself. My relivant credentials so far include...
- Active IQ Level 2 Fitness Instruction (Gym)
- Active IQ Level 3 Pre & Postnatal Exercise Programming
- Burrell Education Modern Postnatal Exercise Programming CPD
- Burrell Education Advanced Postnatal CPD
- VTCT L3 Diploma Holistic Therapy (Aromatherapy, Swedish Massage, Reflexology)
- VTCT L3 Diploma Anatomy & Physiology
- VTCT L3 Diploma Nutrition
- VTCT L3 Diploma Indian Head Massage
- VTCT L3 Diploma Body Massage
- VTCT Certificate Advanced Massage
- VTCT Certificate Holistic Facial
- L2 Certificate in Thermo Auricular Therapy
- Certificate Hypopressive Method
- OCNSW L2 Counselling Skills
- St Johns Ambulance 1st Responder Emergency 1st Aid.
Currently I am studying...
- Burrell Education Pregnancy Massage & Remedial Postnatal Massage.
- Myofascial Release